Nevada Appellate Courts Advance Opinions for December 7, 2017
- Can a court consider felony convictions originating from juvenile offenses in habitual criminal sentencing.
- When does a parent lack standing to challenge a court’s placement decision following the termination of his or her parental rights.
- Can an attorney assert his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to quash subpoenas issued by the State Bar that seek production of client accounting records and tax records.
- Does NRS Chapter 608 provide a private right of action for unpaid wages.
- Is illegally obtained evidence admissible in a child custody proceeding.
- Does Nevada’s medical marijuana registry violate the Due Process, Equal Protection, or Self-Incrimination Clauses of the United States or Nevada Constitutions.