Nevada Appellate Courts Advance Opinions for November 22, 2017
- Does NRS 49.209’s privilege between a psychologist and patient apply when a criminal defendant seeks records related to a patient who is court-ordered to partake in therapy.
- Is commercial reasonableness a relevant inquiry in an HOA foreclosure sale of real property.
- When can a post-judgment vexatious litigant determination be challenged on appeal.
- Does the alter ego doctrine apply to limited liability companies.
- Were a defendant’s constitutional rights violated on the first day of trial when the district court barred him from the courtroom for disruptive conduct for a two-hour period, during which it excused individual jurors for hardship, statutory ineligibility, and language barrier reasons.
- Can a witness offer an opinion as to a defendant’s guilt.
- When is a defendant entitled to a jury instruction on a lesser-included offense of voluntary manslaughter.