Nevada Appellate Courts Advance Opinions for November 16, 2017
- Does SCR 102 provide for the imposition of a fine when the State Bar Disciplinary Board recommends that an attorney be suspended or disbarred.
- When can offenses be joined as being committed as parts of a common plan or scheme pursuant to NRS 173.115(2).
- Can counsel’s affirmative misrepresentation regarding filing a postconviction petition and subsequent abandonment of the petitioner be an impediment external to the defense to satisfy cause for the delay under NRS 34.726(1)(a) for filing an untimely petition.
- Do the provisions of NRS Chapter 289, which are intended to provide job-related protections to peace officers employed by law enforcement agencies, apply to bailiffs and marshals employed by the Eighth Judicial District Court.
- What standard must the Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration utilize to establish employee exposure to hazard.
- Does NRS 50.155(1) impose a duty to limit out-of-court communications between witnesses about their testimony when the witness exclusion rule has been invoked.